The Internet and mobile technology are amazing tools. They have the power to change the way we live, for better and for worse. With only a few mouse-clicks you can follow the news, look up facts, buy goods & services, make & store memories and communicate with others from around the world, but it is just as easy to inflict immeasurable pain, to bully, to intimidate and in extreme cases to dramatically impact the emotional well-being and health of people. It's important to Dr Boom Communications to help our customers retain their privacy when they take advantage of all our brand has to offer as well as meeting our mutual obligations in how we transact and interact.
We believe your business is no one else's. Your privacy is important to you and to us so we will protect the information you share with us. To protect your privacy, Dr Boom Communications follows different principles in accordance with worldwide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
• We won’t sell or give away your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or any other information to anyone.
• We’ll use state-of-the-art security measures to protect your information from unauthorized users.
• Our staff will, in the normal course of their work, access your confidential and private information in accordance with this policy. If there is any information you do not wish accessed DO NOT SHARE IT or please save it to another device or platform and delete it to be sure.
• Dr Boom Communications are responsible to ensure either the data transmitted to us or that exists on any device provided to us for servicing or repair is administered in accordance with this policy always.
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally, this information is requested when you create a customer profile with us, contact us, or as part of our loyalty program. We use your Personal Information for five primary purposes:
- To make the retail experience easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- To avoid the need for proof of purchase in the event of a warranty claim or issue.
- To identify pre and post repair product performance during the service process.
- To test the functionality of devices being serviced and in particular the operation of:
- Wi—Fi and Network Connectivity
- Speaker and Microphone
- Any other functionality that requires access via customer specific PIN or Random Pattern Access.
- To alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new services from Dr Boom Communications
If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you can still use most of the Dr Boom Communications Web Site and Services, but you will not be able to access areas that require registration, our loyalty program or be offered any guarantee or warranty on any functions we are unable to test upon receipt and repair of any device.
If you choose to provide your personal information you do so based on this policy and all terms and conditions stipulated herein.
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. You may review and update this information at any time by contacting us through our Help tab or our office directly during normal business hours by calling 1 800 DR BOOM which is a toll free call number. There, you can:
- Request to view and edit personal information you have already given us.
- Tell us whether you want us to send or not send you marketing information,
- Sign up for electronic newsletters about our services and products.
- Register for our Customer Loyalty Program.
Dr Boom Communications has taken strong measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. We take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
We guarantee any in store or e-commerce transactions to be 100% safe and secure when you place orders or provide your personal account information, utilizing secure server software SSL which encrypts your personal information before it's sent over the Internet. SSL is one of the safest encryption technologies available.
Dr Boom Communications strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data once received by us from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction but we do not, nor can we, guarantee the integrity of ANY data stored on your personal device during the repair process and under any circumstances despite our best efforts and you must accept that your data may be at risk of being lost.
Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission except under the conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. Your information may be stored and processed in Australia but third-party services may in fact be located elsewhere.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. Please ensure that any valuable, sensitive, important or critical data is backed up securely on a platform other than a device being repaired or serviced. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your user name and password. We DO NOT keep any record or history of user names or passwords that may be provided by you under any circumstances in any way once the transaction has been completed.
Notice to Parents
Parents or guardians: we want to help you guard your children's privacy. We encourage you to talk to your children about safe and responsible use of their Personal Information.
Cyber Bullying & Privacy
Dr Boom Communications has a Zero Tolerance approach to any form of bullying including Cyber Bullying through social media posts. Dr Boom Communicates WILL NOT publish any personal details including photographs in any way on any social media platform without prior, specific written approval from you.
Dr Boom Communications expressly forbids the publishing of any proprietary, personal or brand specific information in any way on any social media platform in a derogatory, offensive, insulting, defamatory, slanderous or abusive manner and will vigorously reserve and defend all our rights in this regard
Electronic PIN Protection
When you bring a device for service or repair, we may ask you to provide your device access details. When you do, we only temporarily store this information until your repair is finalized.
What we do with the Information you Share
When you transact with us you provide us with your contact information including name, mobile number and email address. We use this information to keep you updated about your order.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing & delivering purchases, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Dr Boom Communications will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law, protect our reputation and employees, or comply with legal process served on Dr Boom Communications.